Product Review: Perfect Bar


At about 10:00-11:00 am when my breakfast begins wearing off, I am in need of a mid-morning protein snack. Although I usually have a variety of snack options stored in my desk, my new favorite requires me to make a run to the fridge.

Introducing the Perfect Bar! My taste buds think this snack is pretty close to perfect. All natural ingredients, high in protein, and downright delicious. The best way I can describe this flavor is a combination between peanut butter fudge and marzipan, equipped with little chunks of nuts, coconut, dried fruit, or Fair Trade dark chocolate chips, depending on the flavor. Since the bars are made of mostly natural nut butter and there are no preservatives, it is recommended that they be refrigerated, hence why I must run to the fridge to obtain this indulgence.  

Perfect Bars come in a variety of flavors, and yes, I have tried nearly all of them. Flavors include peanut butter, almond butter, dark chocolate almond, dark chocolate chip peanut butter with sea salt, blueberry cashew, coconut peanut butter, maple almond, and carob chip. Honestly, I cannot give you a favorite, because they all taste amazing. Currently, Perfect Bars are sold at Target, Whole Foods, Costco, Sprouts, and Natural Grocers, but they can also be ordered online through the company's website

From a nutrition perspective, a major selling point for me is this bar is high in protein, which holds my hunger for a few hours before lunch. Bars range from 8 to 17 grams of protein, with the peanut butter flavor having the highest protein content. Although I use this bar mostly for my mid-morning work snack, it would be a fantastic post-workout snack as well, due to it's high protein and carbohydrate content (the second major ingredient is organic honey). This bar also provides a healthy dose of quality calories, largely in part due to the healthy fat it contains.



Comments

Popular Posts